At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) is The Boeing Company’s Research & Technology division developing advanced cutting-edge technologies for a wide variety of products and services, with presence in various locations around the world. BR&T-India based in Bangalore (India) is an integral part of BR&T and is engaged in the development of advanced aerospace technologies. Besides doing in-house research, BR&T-India also teams up with partners in Academic Institutions, Government Laboratories and Private Enterprises across India on collaborative research.
The Flight & Vehicle Technology team within BR&T-India is focused on discovering and transitioning innovative aerodynamics and related technologies into Boeing products. We develop, integrate and transition advanced technologies and design concepts. We advance the state-of-the-art in methods and tools for analysis of flight vehicles. Our highly capable engineers excel in a team environment of challenge and opportunity on multiple projects to rapidly mature key technologies to production readiness.
The Boeing Research & Technology Centre in Bangalore, India has an immediate opening for a full time position for a qualified Aerodynamics Engineer with CFD specialization to support application of in-house and selected commercial CFD codes for external aerodynamics problems relevant to commercial/defence aircraft. Experience on commercial codes like ANSYS, CFD++ is desirable. Experience on turbulence modeling and/or experience on CFD development will be an added advantage. Exposure to uncertainty quantification and modeling techniques Is desirable.
This position will be located in the Boeing Research and Technology Center, Bangalore, India, and reports to the Sr. Manager of Integrated Vehicle Systems.
a. Conduct R&D in support of Boeing technology needs that may include collaboration with academia & industry partners
b. Apply knowledge / understanding and previous experience in numerical analysis and CFD to make improvements to in-house CFD codes and critically validate these codes for specific aerodynamic applications.
c. Utilize knowledge of aerodynamics to analyze experimental data base and CFD results towards improving prediction capabilities of in-house/commercial CFD codes.
7. The selected individual performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the management.
8. The selected individual will work closely with teams of engineers located in India and in the US. The selected individual will develop and maintain relationships / partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
9. This position may require occasional travel within India and internationally.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 4+ years of experience in Computational Fluid Dynamics as applied to Aerodynamics (could be professional experience after a Masters degree or experience while carrying out PhD research work)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
- Experience in uncertainty quantification as applied to CFD and/or turbulence modeling application/development
Typical Education & Experience:
Masters degree in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Aerodynamics/CFD and four years of experience or a fresh PhD in the areas of Aero/Mech Engineering with specialization in one or more of Aerodynamics/CFD, Uncertainty Quantification as applied to CFD
This position offers relocation
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award