- The jobholder as Materials Support Center Manager is responsible and accountable before the C-295 FISS Head of Production for the management of C-295 FISS operations focusing mainly on repairable equipment, spares, logistics and warehouse management.
- To manage the end to end process (Spares, LRU, GSE and consumable): material orders and repairs, customs, reception & delivering, incoming inspection, discrepancies assessment, on-site resolution including the IPLs.
- To manage operations related to the Spares Availability Service provided by Airbus Military Aircraft Systems within their C-295 program.
- To support the TASM departments in all activities of forecasting demand to allow taking decisions to meet C-295 FISS contract expectations. To request the inputs needed from operation to anticipate and elaborate the list of materials required for scheduled maintenance activities and to ensure updated information on the demand forecast is registered within the system, mainly related to scheduled activities.
- To support the Airbus Military Aircraft Systems Central Team departments in other activities as: commercial assessments or technical support when required, Invoicing queries, Direct / Drop shipment, Local Procedure Handbook…
- To provide data for the focal point of the entire Airbus Military Aircraft Systems Central inventory management organization, for all requests & exchange of global information.
- To ensure the use of the appropriate Airbus Military Aircraft Systems IT tools and to support the definition and deployment of new ones if needed for any materiel movement.
- To provide first-line support for interchangeability issues, applicability of P/Ns and any other technical issue that may arise by operations.
- To assist at monthly FISS meeting as well as to other meetings according to governance for analyst, operative and Global Order Desk Network by representing Materiel Services Community to discuss material needs, recurrent failures, removals and replacements, missing documentation and manuals updates.
- To prepare reports on all activities performed related to Materiel Services scope. To prepare, report and analyze the order book (Spares & Repairs) including pending actions on spares & repairs process: missing Data, export control, transport Data, material Data, pending Core Units…
- To prioritize and escalate: critical items, backlog, list of pending items per A/C, risks in orders, quality issues, On ground A/C identification, monthly FH report, any other adhoc reports.
- To be responsible for the overall performance of the local site regarding Materiel Services activities as well as be responsible of the surveillance of the materials needed to guarantee the fleet or material availability, anticipate the spares needed and inform as well the central order desk.
- To propose for decision, where appropriate, of budget tradeoffs and risk management between re-allocation of existing inventory, procurement investment (new buy) or operating expenses (repair).
- To provide analysis for contract service levels or aircraft availability subject to changing budget constraints.
- To assist in providing solutions for preventing/reducing cannibalization events through trend analysis.
- To assist in proposing any feasible adaptation for given contracts to improve inventory performance.
- To prepare a periodic Inventory status reports and related recommendations for inventory effectiveness improvements.
- To ensure compliance with the target level of KPIs and performance/financial metrics set for C295 FISS project in place for which pool management is provided for the support of the customer fleet.
- Experience from 3 to 5 years working in services, supply chain, logistics, material services, procurement or in other area related with material is necessary
- SAP expertise is required
- Experience working in C-295 is required
- Previous experience in Airbus Military Aircraft Systems central teams is required.
- Experience working in MRO will be an advantage
- 5 years of relevant work experience (in the aeronautical industry or holding positions of responsibility in another type of industry), of which 2 years must be recent (in the last 5 years) in the aeronautical industry in an appropriate position.
- Be able to work under pressure and to ensure a proper solution is proposed on a short time especially when AOG situations appeared where there is an impact on the A/C fleet availability KPI.
- Leadership skills to coordinate different stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and define processes.
- Good knowledge of regulation related to Export Control and Custom clearance, in particular those applicable to Saudi Arabia regulation.
- Resolute and problem solving experience and skills.
- Strong awareness and adherence to Ethics and Compliance company policies.
- Driving License
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.