About the role
We are currently recruiting for Cargo Safety Officer for QAS Cargo in Doha.
The role is responsible to support the business in complying with QR and QAS Safety policies; in achieving the health & safety objectives defined; and in obtaining or maintaining Safety certifications. To promote a safety culture within the company and to play an active role in reducing hazards and preventing accidents by means of communication and monitoring
Key accountabilities include:
• Design/Create communication materials and short trainings to raise staff awareness on health and safety topics, issues.
• Respond to incidents and accidents to collect information needed for the investigation, to escalate the matter if needed to the appropriate level, and to coordinate the response with other organization, external agencies and authorities as needed.
• Investigate incidents and accidents to identify safety gaps and to suggest corrective actions to close them.
• Lead or support the implementation of corrective actions in coordination with other departments.
• Monitor the compliance of all staff and contractors with QR and QAS safety policies and procedures to keep risks data minimum.
• Perform data analysis on accidents and violations, prepare and distribute statistics to help identifying priorities for risks management.
• Assess operational activities to identify hidden hazards and to suggest improvements.
• Propose new procedures or amendments to existing ones to continuously improve the safety management system or to raise the level of control over risks in the company.
• Perform written risks assessments according to the company's standard as part of the QR/QAS safety management system.
• Support the organization and play an active role within the department in the certification or re-certification processes of safety international standards.
• Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
Be part of an extraordinary story
your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge.
Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
• Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor's level
• Local or International diploma or certificate in Health & Safety, or several years of proven experience in a similar.
• Essential to have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in Health & Safety.
• Command of English language
• Computer literate including Microsoft Office.
• Plan and organize tasks without supervision.
• Ability to communicate and defend ideas and opinions.
• Good team player.
• Investigation methodologies/techniques (5 Why, root cause tree analysis, etc).
• Emergency response
• Bilingual Arabic and English Preferred.