Responsible for planning, developing and managing the strategy for a defined remit to continuously improve SkyCargo's market and revenue position in line with the strategic plan. Develop and manage key accounts and/or projects of strategic importance globally in co-ordination with regional managers.
- Plan, develop and implement strategies to improve Sky Cargo's market and revenue position, to reach and surpass defined revenue targets in accordance with the strategic plans.
- Implement a one stop shop concept for all key customers on a global level, providing and maintaining effective and professional customer service for all accounts.
- Through market research, direct customer contact and relationship-management, drive sales efforts for defined remit and secure support for new opportunities.
- Develop and generate sales opportunities, through facilitation between our key customers and the shipper/consignee stations involved.
- Develop and manage required changes to products and solutions offered by SkyCargo to remain a competitive partner for our key accounts, and communicate with relevant parties. Actively assist in development of new business-areas like multi-modal and supply-chain solutions, in addition to promoting existing products to customers.
- Develop and generate both-end sales, through facilitation between key-customers, this includes driving necceasy training of staff in sales methods and planning.
- Manage supply chain and logistics' global network partners related activities such as identification, evaluation, appointment and constant monitoring of performance work with various group services such as P&L, Finance, Legal, Insurance to ensure the partners are identified and managed according to the group's business and legal standards.
- Manage the negotiation process for all contracts identifying, negotiating and liaising with Legal and Pricing to enter into global agreements with Global Accounts / Product vertical and integrators.
- Evaluate commercial opportunities and manage commercial tender processes for specific shippers and consolidated forwarding business.
- Liaise closely with Pricing and Capacity Control to drive changes in the market and ensure that we live up to our contractual commitment of preferred access to capacity and rates for our Global Partners. Liaise with route-managers and Hub operations to ensure that customers experience a quality product throughout our network, including service recovery.
- Manage the Cargo Sales Managers Global Accounts / Product vertical support in the regions and make sure they follow the global strategy / Product sales strategy is set.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
Logistics / Cargo / Air Cargo : 10+ Years
Experience in the airline or cargo industry with at least 5 years of experience at a managerial level in International sales in a global market.
Knowledge and skills:
Extensive knowledge of supply chain management and logistics
Knowledge of skycargo products and services
Knowledge of global agreements in the international market
Proven experience as supply chain manager within an e-commerce company with at least 5-6 years of experience working in the e-commerce supply chain
Hands-on experience from ALL aspects of logistics, from procurement to management of warehouse, orders and aftersales.
Knowledge and experience from efficiency improving activities such as Six Sigma and Lean.
Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
Experience in start-up projects helpful
Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
Strong negotiation skills