Direct and lead safety management activities to minimize the safety risks in Engineering, SkyCargo and Airport Services Ground Operations. Activities includes but not limited to reviewing, evaluating, and processing safety investigations reports, analysing data, hazard identification, risk assessment and mitigation, change management, safety promotion, report writing and recommendations. Support the implementation and operation of the Emirates Safety Management System (SMS) throughout the Organization.
- Direct safety risk management activities that include but are not limited to: the safety rating of all ESRs, GSRs, DSRs, fatigue reports. Monitor and review safety recommendations and corrective actions to ensure that effective follow-ups actions have been taken. Identify further recommendations and corrective actions.
- Identify hazards proactively to ensure ongoing monitoring and measurement activities such as overseeing various safety risk assessment activities and ensuring risk registers are kept up to date and reviewed regularly.
- Oversee safety assurance activities that include but not limited to the investigating of issues raised in safety reports and following up to mitigate and close identified issues as per department KPIs. Oversee the frequent monitoring of departmental recommendation registers and change management activities as outlined in the Emirates SMSM.
- Write and present investigation reports and recommendations to senior management regarding changes to policy, procedures and practice to enhance safety performance. Issue corrective and preventative actions in response to safety report findings, implement tracking, and continually monitor and measure the effectiveness of the implemented mitigations.
- Lead the HS&E function within Group Safety, including the development and implementation of appropriate policies, procedures and best practices, and manage the provision of subject matter experts to conduct and / or assist in investigation of HS&E related incidents. Ensure the appropriate liaison with internal support departments such as Medical Services, HR, Legal, Medical Benefits, and Insurance as well as operational line departments. Manage the provision of training to outstations in the areas of HS&E in cooperation with the Safety Standards and Training Manager and Medical Services.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of collected materials and data analysis for the relevant Safety Action Groups and Safety Boards. Direct research into irregular events occurring at Emirates Engineering and Ground operations and regularly present the findings to senior management. Research and analyse Emirates SDCPS data, industry data and present the leading indicators to safety action groups and boards.
- Partner with the SMS Standards section to ensure consistent standards and effective safety promotion through training, awareness and communication activities that include but are not limited to: implementing effective safety campaigns, contributing safety content for safety publications, acting as an information conduit to bring safety issues to the attention of SVP Group Safety, timely delivery of safety information to relevant stakeholders, communicating proactively with all stakeholders to ensure continuous safety improvement, leading proactive culture improvement programmes based on continual assessment of safety culture, preparing and implementing the SMS standards in Engineering, SkyCargo and Airport Ground Operations.
- Manage projects and activities such as external safety audit programmes and liaison with all related internal departments and external agencies including but not limited to: IOSA, Internal Audit, and Compliance Monitoring.
- Accountable for the performance management of the team, setting objectives, defining team roles and implementing development plans to ensure standards of performance and productivity are achieved and maintained. Support colleagues through regular coaching and monitoring, enabling a high performing team.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
Qualifications: Medical/Safety.Ground Safety : 10+ Years
- Degree in aviation/Safety or related field plus a recognised lead auditor qualification (e.g Certified Lead Auditor).
- Experience in Aviation, transport or similar at risk industry experience. Preferably in a safety oversight and audit function.
- Thorough understanding and practical application of quality management, safety management and risk assessment techniques.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) Safety Management Manual, National Aviation SMS Regulations, UAE General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) Civil Aviation Regulations (CAR) and other regulatory and / or industry standards.
- A background in Engineering, Flight Operations, Ground Operations, or Cabin Operations with an emphasis on Quality and Safety activities would be advantageous.
- Leadership Role : YES
- Safety Sensitive Role: Yes