- Identifies and leads the complete supply chains of “Technical Procurement” for Air Arabia and Third Party aircrafts from order up till delivery to optimize profit and minimize risk. Establishes strong reliable supplier relationships, adequate inventories of quality components at best available pricing.
- Manages the respective manpower, budgets, contracts, financial/technical qualification, purchases, payments and documentation as per Air Arabia approved standards and in line with regulations and approved specifications.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and monitors the performance of robust sourcing strategies that link to the core business deliverables, and support Air Arabia Base, Line, Network, and Customer Airlines whilst leveraging the marketplace and supplier community to achieve large and sustainable cost reductions, long-term supply stability, and minimization of supply risk.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of “Technical Procurement” policies, procedures, systems, process flow, and financial approach that drive standardization and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Develops and implements short/long term purchasing and stock plans in line with the projected fleet growth and budget whilst maintaining the required stock levels.
- Efficiently manages the ad-hoc requirements when needed to reduce AOG and maintain corporate image.
- Partners with Stakeholders mainly in the Engineering & Maintenance to prepare and manage the expenditure of the “Technical Procurement” budget with focus on cost reduction, efficiency and quality.
- Ensures necessary financial analysis is conducted at the highest level to interpret trends, variances from budgets, and variances from standards, and provides support consistent with established policies.
- Establishes and successfully manages global and local supplier relationships; develops and manages supply chains, solutions, and related improvement projects to maintain strong insights into the market conditions, explore new opportunities, and ensure constant reliable supply for Air Arabia entire fleet.
- Utilizes benchmark analytics, market intelligence, trends, and prices for a range of consumables, expendable materials, tools, raw materials, and components aiming for applying best practices within the Air Arabia procurement department.
- Partners with Stakeholders such as Finance and Legal to prepare function-related contracts and service level agreements and monitor the performance of the respective suppliers, vendors and service providers. Coordinates with other teams to evaluate the vendor/subcontractors RFQs when necessary.
- Partners with HR to manage the manpower and performance of the technical procurement team; leads, monitors, and reviews the performance and progress whilst ensuring the team meets the set KPIs in terms of cost management, category management, and execution.
- Spends time coaching and guiding the team, identifies opportunities and plans for professional development and for expanding critical thinking and decision making capabilities, job knowledge and predictive analysis.
- Proven record of improving team capabilities.
- Proven work record of stocks optimisation.
- Good supplier management skills.
- Very good knowledge and working exposure to Commercial/ Quality Assurance/ Safety/ Internal & External Audit functional operations and practices related to and affecting procurement.
- A balanced personality with focus, analytical thinking, efficiency, and commitment to successful results.
- High accuracy and attention to both results and details.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management/Economics/Industrial Engineering or equivalent .
- Project Management certificate or alternately the proven corresponding working experience is essential.
- Cost Control, Compliance, Budgeting and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite and Procurement Software.
- Engineering Inventory Software certificate is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and reporting skills.
- Capable of providing and presenting very detailed presentations.
- Fluent in English Language.
- 8+ years’ experience in the Airlines industry, 5 of which at least as a “Manager” or in a leading role in the Technical Procurement department;
- Experience with Airbus A320 components is highly preferred.
- Hands on experience in handling AOG (Aircraft on Ground) Desk.
- Specialized industry knowledge in procurement & inventory management systems and techniques and their relation to aircraft maintenance program.
- Experienced in acquisition, vendor relationship, and performance management pertaining to: tender submissions, contracts, and SLAs all of extreme technical nature.
- Relative understanding of airworthiness programs requirements and regulations CAMO (Continuing Airworthiness Management Organization).
- Experienced in designing, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures and operating manuals as per business needs and in line with adopted regulations and approved quality standards.
- Exposure to GCAA & EASA rules and regulations pertaining to the Engineering Maintenance, policies, procedures, manuals and licensing would be an added value.