The successful candidate will be part of the Material Management Department, SIA Engineering Division. He/She will be handling duties related to Purchasing.
• Process outstanding purchase requisitions in SAP.
• Source for most competitive pricing and availability.
• Challenge vendors on price escalation beyond Purchase and Sale Agreement (PSAA), Supplier Support Conditions (SSC) or Buyer Furnished Equipment (BFE) contracts.
• Place order to ensure spares availability via timely routine purchasing.
• Evaluate chemicals, bulk materials, change kits and spares inventory levels, consumption, and reorder lead-time for optimum inventory stock level.
• Track progress for delivery of spares in accordance with listed lead time and ensure completion of purchase orders.
• Liaise with vendors to ensure delivery schedules meet operational requirements and after-sales support.
• Ensure discrepancy reports arising from delivery of spares are investigated and resolved.
• Review outstanding price variance to prevent holding up invoice payment.
• Prevent aging price variance by constant monitoring.
• Ensure availability of spares to prevent any task card withdrawals.
• Review spares periodically for task card requirements.
• Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) testing.
• Carry out other tasks as assigned by the superiors.
• Must be familiar with SAP e.g. able to use SQ01, MB51, MMBE
• Proficient in MS Office suite of products, especially Excel and Powerpoint e.g. able to use pivot table to perform trending and analysis and to prepare power point material
• Support in commercial negotiation for fixed price
• Knowledge and relevant experience of Material Management’s operations, administration and procedures would be preferred
• Able to engage directly with vendors and line engineers on the shop floor
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Motivated and driven
• Team player and also be able to work independently
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to work on shift