- Develops appropriate policies and manuals governing Safety protocols in line with local and international regulations and standards.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on all changes to the SMS manual.
- Designs and implements processes/procedures that ensure that all flydubai operations comply with SMS regulations as set by the GCAA as well as other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Acts as the focal point representing flydubai in all matters pertaining to the SMS.
- Leads and coordinates Safety investigations and define appropriate Safety recommendations and mitigation strategies in coordination with relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
- Actively participates in internal and external audit activities for Safety, including the processing of audit findings to ensure that set deadlines are met.
- Evaluates, disseminates and promotes all Safety related information to the organization.
- Participates and represents the Airline in any ‘ICAO Annex 13 Air Accident Investigations’ as required.
- Establishes and implements the Hazard Identification and Risk Management program.
- Manages all Safety initiatives and related improvement plans.
- Defines and updates the Company’s Safety Data Collection and Processing Systems (SDCPS).
- Issues periodic and ad-hoc reports related to Safety performance.
- Develops and promotes the Company’s SMS training and awareness programs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- University Degree (or equivalent)
- Aviation related Engineering Degree / Flight Operations / Safety
- Preferred No. of Years (with Bachelors Degree) 10
- Preferred No. of Years (without Bachelors Degree) 15
Certificate / License required
- ICAO recognized CAA license (if no University Degree)
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective Communication
- Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Inspiring & Developing Others
- Decision Making