If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Senior Engineer – Noise and Acoustics Domain based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Coordinate with stakeholders to develop Structural Dynamics analysis requirements for wide range of Eaton products
- Interpret, summarize and communicate FE analysis results to global audience and provide technical and/or design recommendations in the field of Noise and Acoustics vibrations
- Lead Noise Analysis CTQ activities by working hands on projects that need Acoustic/Noise support, develop and mature DP capabilities in this domain
- Good understanding of basics of vibrations attenuation, system and component noise, fluid and structure borne noise etc. Incumbent should have understanding of vibrational fundamentals with working knowledge around stress and strain based failure predictions and methods.
- Work as a Sr member of the team to review technical aspect of the project including timelines, maturity and mentoring resources
- Interact with key customers/stakeholders in understanding current & upcoming simulation trends in acoustics and noise domain and their relevance to our products.
- Monitors progress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development and support activities
- Liaison with the test lab to validate DP prediction and suggest test procedures including measurement systems
- Masters with 3-5 years’/ PHD with 1 to 2 years of experience in Noise/Acoustics and vibration analysis
- Candidate should have Master’s degree in Mechanical / Aerospace / Applied Mechanics / Civil Engineering with Machine Design / Structural Mechanics / Computational Modeling specialization from reputed institute
- 0-3 years of experience in structural analysis of mechanical components.
- Candidate must have thorough knowledge of Finite Element Methods, Strength of Materials & Machine Design. Hands on experience on CAE software programs such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, Hypermesh, etc. will be added advantage.
- It is desired for the candidate to have understanding of analytical calculations and methods to correlate analysis results with test data.
- Acoustics Signal Processing
- Acoustics Source Path Receiver Modeling
- Acoustics coupled physics modeling
- Acoustics Noise Control
- Vibration Modeling simplification
- Vibration Meshing
- Vibration Material modeling Metals, Plastics
- Vibration Modal and Harmonic Analysis
- SIMCENTER 3D
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No