* The Engineer will be a member of MDD-Solar Turbines group in CIESPL.
* Performs the function of a technical writer and editor on projects.
* Write/ Create sales order specific System Operator Guide Volume and Maintenance Instructions Volume for both New Production and Retrofit Customers.
* These volumes will be produced using established database material and by creating new material combined from multiple information sources.
* Additional responsibilities may include the development and maintenance of the database that supports these volumes and will make sure database materials comply with the applicable standards.
--> Oil & Gas experience is required
Additional Job Details:
* Thorough knowledge of technical writing and word processing.
* Knowledge of the techniques of editing, typography, graphics, and printing processes.
* Experience with SGML, Arbortext or similar publishing software, database management software and the documentation publishing industry.
* Ability to interface with Engineering and shop floor personnel for clarifications in the Engineering input documents.
* Ability to read schematics, electrical drawings, and bill of material.
* Ability to develop from multiple information sources, clear concise introductions and explanations using Simplified Technical English (STE).
* Knowledge of Industrial Turbine Machinery, including control, electrical and hydro-mechanical systems.
* The successful candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* PC Windows skills and with familiarity with programs Adobe Acrobat, CREO, Windchill and the Microsoft suite of office software are a positive.
* Knowledge of commercial publication specifications.
* Possesses strong technical knowledge in a specific turbomachinery application such as Compressors, Generators, or mechanical drives.
Provides solutions to a variety of project technical problems for a variety of commercial product lines. Pertinent guides are available, but some discretion is required to meet specific customer needs. Incumbent must select the best of several standard methods or alternate specifications and recognize instances when standard procedures are not applicable.
Work is under general supervision of a more senior publication specialist. Participates in style and content decisions for individual projects. Work is reviewed for technical accuracy and quality.
* BE Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering.
* Ability to read/understand P&ID and ELS (Schematic Diagrams).
* Minimum 3 to 4 years of experience in Power generation or O&G or Aerospace industry.
* Good communication, organizational, teaming, mentoring and analytical skills are a must.
Technical Skills Required Soft Skills Required Good communication & Technical skills