Associated Energy Group, LLC (AEG Fuels) is a global aviation fuels and services supply chain management company. The company’s core business is the marketing and financing of fuel supply and logistics solutions for the world’s largest airlines, militaries, and corporate operators.
AEG Fuels serves its clients through a network of longstanding relationships with subcontracted parties around the world. Customers are afforded the benefits of negotiated fuel and throughput pricing based on AEG Fuel’s aggregate volume within a network of over 3,000 airports as well as the company’s specialized expertise in delivering products safely and on-time.
AEG Fuels is dedicated to providing comprehensive support and unparalleled 24/7 service around the world. 30 different nationalities are represented on AEG’s team and with offices in Miami, Houston, Tahoe, London, Dubai, and Singapore the company combines a global presence with a local touch.
AEG Core Values
• Excellence & Teamwork
• Entrepreneurship & Innovation
• Respect & Trust
• Always Do What’s Right
Leads and performs complex trip and flight planning for business, commercial, and government aviation, creating a single support and services provider to clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Prepare, coordinate, and facilitate any and all aspects of flight for business, government and commercial aviation to include, but not restricted to:
• Monitor trip planning services tasks and ensures that tasks are updated accurately.
• Communicate with destination facilities to ensure appropriate support is arranged for arriving flights.
• Coordinate domestic and international customs including advanced passenger information system set up.
• Follow active flights and provide crucial update information to destination airports, foreign and domestic.
• Provide customers status of upcoming trips. Prepare and transmit routine flight plans and weather information.
• Acquire, distribute and interpret for air crew a wide variety of publications required to ensure safe flight and to comply with governmental regulations.
• Maintain customer operational files, chasing handling, overflight and landing requests, hotel bookings and crew transport.
Initiate the distribution and interpretation of a wide variety of publications required to ensure safe flight and to
comply with governmental regulations as required by the specific trips/requirements.
• Prepare alternate plans and contingent itineraries for customer approval and selection.
• Verify all plans meet applicable FAA and international rules and regulations.
• Acquire, distribute and interpret a wide variety of publications (e.g., navigation charts, flight manuals and other safety
publications) required to ensure safe flight and to comply with governmental regulations.
• Identify new requirements and acquire essential new publications.
• Initiate and maintain flight folders for operational trips, including posting of itinerary, requesting all applicable
diplomatic clearances, ground handling, fuel, hotels, and other services as required through the Trip Planning System.
• Assist customers in planning itineraries based on knowledge of diplomatic requirements, airport restrictions, fuel availability, range of aircraft, and political situations.
• Research and reference files for service agencies/vendors, fuel, and diplomatic clearance agencies and update databases as necessary.
• Ensure strategic account profiles and preferences are identified and managed.
• Maintain constant contact with the principals of assigned strategic accounts.
• Document and disseminate client preferences.
• Provide information about the trip planning service to new and existing customers as required.
• Document and review flight plans for customers and refer them to operations for transmission.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
• High School Diploma or GED required, Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
• Aviation experience in operations and/or contract fuel a plus.
• FAA Certified Dispatcher preferred, but not required.
• Motivated, self-starter.
• High level communication skills required. Multilingual a plus; Spanish as a second language preferred, but not required.
• Strong customer service and relationship building skills.
• Work well with team members inside and outside their department.
• High level of understanding in basic mathematical computation and principles.
• Must have attention to detail.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Shiftwork, Afterhours, On-Call may be required.
Please contact [email protected] with attached resume in Word or PDF format. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email.