Responsible for providing safe operational Air Traffic Control (ATC) services including the provision of On the Job Training Instruction (OJTI) to air traffic control students and controllers not holding a current Certificate of Competency.
Tasks which would be designated to the position would include but will not be limited to the following:
• The provision of aerodrome and approach control services (procedural and radar as appropriate), flight information services and alerting services to aircraft operating in Ras Al Khaimah controlled airspace.
• Maintain a thorough operational knowledge and understanding of the equipment and systems used for the provision of air traffic services in Ras Al Khaimah controlled airspace.
• Support appropriate manning of operational positions through watch staffing, the opening / closing of sectors and the utilization of staff as required.
• Monitor, record and report the serviceability status of equipment essential to the provision of ATC services during the period of his watch to ensure appropriate NOTAM action is taken.
• Provide OJTI duties as required by Manager ATS in accordance with the Unit Training and Assessment Plan (UTAP).
• Alerting services to initiate search and rescue operations as required.
• Distribute as required meteorological information necessary for the safe and orderly handling of traffic.
• Participate in pre-watch briefings for the subsequent watch concerning all known conditions affecting safety and/or regularity of air traffic within Ras Al Khaimah controlled airspace.
• Report failures, abnormal occurrences or any other conditions likely to constitute a safety hazard.
• Observe staff instructions and administrative rules pertaining to conduct in the operational area.
• Provide operational feedback to management on proposed airspace procedures and system changes.
• Report any operational incidents as and when they occur to operational management.
• Practice professionalism and politeness to all users of services provided by the Ras Al Khaimah Control Tower and to other staff in the facility as well as Ras Al Khaimah International Airport staffs.
ATCO Basic (ICAO 051 or equivalent)
Aerodrome Control (ICAO 052)
Approach Control (ICAO 053)
Approach Control Surveillance (Radar), (ICAO 054)
OJTI Course certificate
Current Class 3 aviation medical
Minimum 4 years operational controlling experience from validation of both Aerodrome and Approach Control ratings.
Previous OJTI experience in a civilian ATC operational environment.