DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary duties of the post holder are detailed below, however this is not an exhaustive list of all duties required and is not listed in order of priority:
• The provision of approach radar control services, flight information services and alerting services to aircraft operating within the Abu Dhabi Approach area of responsibility.
• Maintain a thorough operational knowledge and understanding of the equipment and systems used for the provision of air traffic services at Abu Dhabi ATCC.
• Support appropriate manning of operational positions through watch staffing, the opening / closing of sectors and the utilization of staff as required.
• Monitor, record and report the serviceability status of equipment essential to the provision of ATC services during the period of his/her watch to ensure appropriate NOTAM action is taken.
• Provide OJTI duties as required by Abu Dhabi ANS Management in accordance with the Unit Assessment and Training Plan (UATP).
• Provide alerting services to initiate search and rescue operations as required.
• Distribute as required meteorological information necessary for the safe and orderly handling of traffic.
• Participate in pre-watch briefings for the subsequent watch concerning all known conditions affecting safety and/or regularity of air traffic within Abu Dhabi/Al Ain airspace.
• Report failures, abnormal occurrences or any other conditions likely to constitute a safety hazard.
• Observe staff instructions and administrative rules pertaining to conduct in the operational area.
• Provide operational feedback to management on proposed airspace procedures and system changes.
• Report any operational incidents as and when they occur to operational management.
• Practice professionalism and politeness to all users of services provided by the Abu Dhabi /Al Ain Approach and to other staff in the facility as well as Abu Dhabi International Airport staffs and military staffs.
• Fulfil all other duties related to the role of an Air Traffic Control Officer and administrative duties as directed by Unit management or GAL ANS HQ.