Maintenance Management · Ensures precision tools used are properly calibrated in accordance with GMM before use.
· Notifies an Inspector upon discovery of any discrepancy found during the performance of maintenance task.
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
· Responsible for the working methods of technicians, assistant technicians and cleaners to ensure that they maintain correct working ethics including housekeeping, record control and adherence to paperwork.
· Operates the aircraft and its systems in strict compliance with the aircraft manuals and company procedures and policies e.g. operation of hydraulic systems, operation of APU, refueling etc.
· Responsible for complete technical dispatch of the aircraft during departure for Pre Flight Checks while on Flight Mechanic duties.
· Responsible for the post arrival handling of the aircraft and ensure that the aircraft is prepared for the next flight, after which correct procedures are to be used to shut down and secure the aircraft.
· Responsible for the appearance of the aircraft internally and externally prior to any flight and upon its return.
· Provides the incoming Engineer with a detailed turnover to ensure safe continuity of any maintenance task.
· Ensures that prior to using any Ground Support Equipment (GSE) that it is safe to use around the aircraft and that it is operating correctly.
· Ensures that all GSE equipment is returned to its correct parking place and any abnormalities are reported.
· Ensures that the GSE positioned near the aircraft is clean and free of any possible FOD that may be blown into the path of the aircraft or its engines.
· Provides technical support to the Material Management Department to allow ordering of correct parts in a professional and timely manner.
· Ensures that vehicles provided for the use of the Technicians must be taken care of and used in a manner similar to that outlined above for GSE. The vehicles must be kept clean and presentable at all times.
· Supports the customer with all technical queries that they may have and pro-active to the customer’s technical queries as part of the company’s customer service. However at no time is the Engineer allowed to discuss internal matters with the external customer. All such queries must be directed to the appropriate persons.
· Presents a professional approach to work ethics when dealing with other departments such as Quality Assurance, Technical Records, Human Resources Department, etc.
· Presents a professional image of himself and of the company to external customers.
· Ensures that borrowed tools from Tool Crib are recorded in/out for traceability when lost or damaged.
Policies and Procedures · Performs all maintenance tasks assigned in accordance with company manuals and GACA/FAR’s, using acceptable methods, techniques, and practices.
· Uses only approved materials, parts, and tooling when performing maintenance.
· Practices safe working methods to ensure the safety of all AMO personnel.
· Ensures positioning and parking of aircraft is in compliance with aircraft manuals and company policies and procedures.
· Ensures that regular FOD walks are carried out around the aircraft to ensure safe operation in the ramp.
· Complies with all maintenance tasks in accordance to regulations, and certified as per authorizations approved and granted.
· Ensures that work carried out under his supervision meets the high standards of the company and in accordance with regulations and the aircraft manuals.
Reporting and document Control · Executes the proper documentation of work performed as stated in the company manual, GACA/FAR Part 43.9 or 43.11 (as applicable) and CAACI regulation within the limitation of his certificate.
· Responsible for all tasks as directed by the Lead Engineer or Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor.
· Ensures that recurrent defects are investigated thoroughly and reported to the Lead Engineer or Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor in case of need of external assistance.
· Responsible for the work carried out by Technicians & Assistant Technicians within his supervision,
· Carries out or supervise tasks as directed by his immediate management, to ensure the safe operation of the aircraft and its systems in compliance with the aircraft manuals, GACA/FAR/CAACI regulations and company policies and procedures. This may include assisting in avionics tasks or assisting on other aircraft types.
· Carries out any other duties assigned to him by the Lead Engineer, Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor or Line Maintenance Manager.
The official account for the National Saudi carrier flynas. Winner of Best Low-Cost Airline Award in the Middle East for five years in a row and winner of Skytrax Award for the year 2017'2018'2019 Stay tuned for the latest news and offers from flynas... Read More