Many of our staff at Virgin work flexibly and in many different ways, including different core hours or remote working. Please talk to us at your application or interview stage about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we are happy to explore what's possible for the role.
As an Analyst – Network Season Planning, you will perform an integral role in designing Virgin Atlantic’s flying programme for upcoming IATA seasons. You will provide data driven support to optimise our network and deliver a profitable programme.
- Analyse route/network opportunities and recommendations in business cases, cooperating with Finance, Commercial and Operational departments
- Monitor current performance and make recommendations to adjust our programme to capitalise on changes in market demand or seasonal peaks in demand
- Consider O&D demand and optimise LHR bank structure to maximise connectivity within our network
- Forecast revenue and contribution performance of upcoming seasons for budgeting purposes
- Support recommendations through FlyRed Season Planning working group, supporting Steering Group delivery
Are you an experienced Analyst with experience in the aviation sector, with the ability to convey your ideas and findings to others based on data and evidence? If so, we think you would love this role!
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills with a keen understanding of commercial aviation.
- Experience in an analytical or commercial function or education in a related discipline essential
- Ability to solve problems through the application of logical thought
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel essential. Experience with analytical tools including QSI would be highly advantageous
- Exceptional attention to detail and a thorough approach to accurate task completion
- Good communicating & influencing skills. Experience of PowerPoint necessary.
Virgin Atlantic are committed equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. Diversity brings strength which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated, and we can ignite the potential of our forward-thinking mix of people.
Please be aware as part of our recruitment process we may look to use a variety of resourcing tools to help us understand your skills and experience in relation to the role you have applied for. These may include application questions, video interviews or online testing. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if there are any reasonable adjustments to our process that you would like us to consider, for example use of hearing loops, sign language interpreter etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there are any issues preventing you from being at your best during your application or assessment process. Any issues raised after your assessment is completed or once a decision has been made will be too late for us to consider within our process.
You'll be assessed against our values for a selection of your interview process, learn more about them here: Our Values