JOB PURPOSE: To perform conventional, medium to high complex engineering assignments on Diesel Engine performance simulation and testing where building a working knowledge of Caterpillar and the products, technologies, processes, services, and systems related to specific job assignments is expected.
JOB DUTIES: The key role of this second level engineering position is to move from learning and assisting others to learning to contribute independently. Associate Engineers are expected to be familiar with the company’s processes and methodologies. Work is typically directed by a senior engineer who might review both methods and results. Decisions on routine, limited risk issues that may affect the project team, suppliers, or internal customers may be made by this position. Challenges include meeting expectations in delivering results, learning to consider alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions, and developing communication skills.
Associate Engineers may work in any number of functional areas requiring an engineering degree, including, but not limited to, product design, development, research, materials, manufacturing process, application and installation, product performance/support, service, and facilities.
Key areas of responsibility encountered as a Diesel Engine performance engineer role may include any or all of the following: perform needs analysis, 1D simulation, engine testing and initiate ideas; evaluate new products, processes or systems; communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units; contribute to the design of new products and processes; perform product and process maintenance; support other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, customers, and suppliers.
Individuals in this position might expect to have several assignments allowing them to gain experience in multiple engineering functions. They will be expected to apply theory and concept in the assigned area. Associate Engineers must build an understanding of how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization. They may be responsible for applying those decisions to technology, theory, design or development of a component or test, maintenance of a product or process, analysis of data or test results, application of a system, etc.
Associate Engineers must manage their own development, continuously learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from gaining experience in product, process and systems definition, selecting the most appropriate tools and techniques for a project and collaborating with people who work outside of engineering as well as technical communication and documentation.
• Master’s in Mechanical/Aeronautical/Automobile engineering from accredited Indian or Global Engineering schools.
• 2+ yrs. experience in engine performance, simulation and controls development.
• Experience in using 1D diesel engine performance simulation tools like GT Power/DYNASTY/AMESIM for steady state and transient analysis.
• Proven capability in diesel engine calibration and rating development process.
• Proven capability in engine simulation and tools.
• Experience with Matlab/Simulink/Vector-Canape in diesel engine development.
• Experience in engine CFD (Converge/Ansys/Star CCM etc.) is added advantage.
• Ability to communicate technical/commercial information effectively with team members and others in work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers
• Flexible to travel globally which is of 10% of the work
Top Candidates Will Also Have
• PhD/Master’s degree in an accredited Indian or Global Engineering schools
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability work alongside and lead global teams
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to perform complex assignments
• Self-starter with strong technical leadership skills
• Enjoys working in a fast paced, technically challenging environment
Relocation is available for this position.