We are looking for a business minded and development oriented
to strengthen our Resource planning & management team.
As our Development Lead you will analyze, control and develop resource planning and management processes and solutions in accordance with Finnair business objectives. You will ensure, that business unit and other stakeholder development needs are specified, prioritized, tested and documented appropriately. You will also obtain and maintain the leading expertise on technological and system functionalities to planning processes and strategies. Support and maintenance activities, such as proactive system control and recovery actions for system issues.
Development Lead works in close collaboration with various business area owners, IT, and external partners and reports to Head of Development, Resource Planning. Our working languages are Finnish and English.
This role would suit well for a person having experience of working in development duties on a business unit with close collaboration with developers/IT. As well as business minded developers that would like to move closer to business.
An ideal candidate for Development Lead position has:
- Min. 2 years experience as developer, business development or consultant role with strong ”hands-on” system development focus or similar position, preferable within resource planning area
- Strong experience of business and solution development for relevant business areas and technologies
- Basic knowledge of optimization logics - understanding of the optimization logics in practice and able to manage in detail optimization factors within optimization solutions
- Experience of working with some programming languages, ability to learn fast at least to interpret new languages, preferably to also write at least simple coding
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree or higher in an applicable field of study
In addition, to succeed in this role, the following competences are essential:
- Good track record in being a proactive and flexible team player
- Ability to understand big picture and prioritize
- Ability to solve complex problems and simplify when needed
- Strong analytical skillset and solution orientation
- Ability to comprehensively understand documentation and contractual texts
- Ability to work occasionally under pressure
We can offer you a challenging position in an interesting and transforming airline industry as well as the support of a highly professional team. Our ways of working are flexible and, for example, working remotely is a natural way for us to bring balance to work life.
If you got interested, please apply no later than Mon Aug 16th.
Should you have any questions about the Development Lead position, please do not hesitate to contact Head of Development, Resource planning Matti Varis, [email protected] +358 40 738 6270, preferably on 20.7 and 21.7 between 13-15 or 4.8 between 13-15