The Airport Operations department keeps operations at our airports running smoothly through planning, organization and supervision.
This position is located at the BLR airport servicing Bangalore, India
Job overview and responsibilities
Responsible for day to day operational, financial and personnel performance of assigned international outstation. Establishes or implements goals and standards to maintain and control operational integrity, service levels, costs, and safety requirements.
This includes host government specific security checkpoint and baggage screening requirements in accordance with U.S. TSA security directives, mandates and GSC responsibilities. Monitors performance against plans and initiates corrective actions to improve results. Determines and justifies equipment, facilities, staffing, and training needs to achieve station operational goals. Participates as team member to headquarters support organizations, as well as other United operating departments in administering their responsibilities. Coordinates and provides functional guidance and supervision of contracted ground handling agents. Represents airport activities to host government federal, state, and local airport authority agencies along with TSA international field offices, U.S. aviation security representatives and FAA.
- Responsible for day-to-day operational performance of assigned international outstation
- Maintains a safe, clean and reliable operation utilizing Core4
- Responsible for maintaining a positive employee relations work environment and collaborative relationships with applicable labor groups and vendors
- Directs station activities to ensure superior customer service, which includes mainline and STAR Alliance partner airlines
- Responsible for maintaining station facilities, equipment, and professional appearance standards for all United employees
- Responsible for performance management and ongoing professional developmental support of direct reports and “dotted line” reports
- Responsible for compliance with Stations controls and Internal Audit standards
- Manages the station budget, staffing forecasts and resource requirements
- Maintain strong working relationships with OAL / airport authorities / vendors / governmental authorities ( FAA / TSA / CBP) / internal divisions
- Manage vendor service contracts as required
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.