When performing duties as the pilot-in-command (PIC):
• Final authority for the operation of the aircraft assigned.
• Responsible for safe and efficient transport of passengers and crew.
• Authority to delay, cancel or discontinue a flight when conditions are unsuitable for the conduct or continuation of the flight.
• Authority to indicate a change in the planned flight during the flight when such a change is appropriate for the safe operation of the aircraft.
• Responsible for flight planning and coordinating changes in the flight schedule.
• Institute all necessary changes as required by en-route conditions such that the flight may continue under appropriate procedures and rules.
• Responsible for conducting the flight in a safe and prudent manner in accordance with company policies, Federal Aviation Administration regulations, and Department of Homeland Security regulations required of the flight operation.
• Ensures adherence to Jet Aviation Flight Services policies and procedures.
• Participate in the company aviation safety program, taking an active role supporting the open sharing of information on all safety issues and reporting all safety hazards and concerns.
• Mentors and counsels crews, striving to maximize their potential.
When performing duties as the second-in-command (SIC):
• Assist the pilot-in-command during all phases of flight in accordance with company procedures and flight operations manual.
• Completion of duties as assigned by the pilot-in-command.
• Ensure that manuals and charts are on board the aircraft. • Ensures that the aircraft is properly maintained and ready for operation.
• Maintain clean, stocked aircraft and workplace.
• Organize catering and other customer specific items are on board the aircraft.
• Make an immediate report in any hazardous action, conduct or event to the director of safety and security.
• Develop the leadership skills, knowledge, judgment and technical ability required of a pilot-in-commend if not already qualified. • Foster safe and professional environment
• Comply with all policies and procedures specified in the company flight operations manual.
• Submit flight and duty records.
• Complete required training in a timely manner.
• Maintain harmony and cohesiveness within JAFS, flight operations and the crew members.
• Establish a business relationship with clients while providing customer service.
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: ATP, Total Hours 3500, Multiengine 1500, PIC 1500, Turbojet 500, Night 100, Instrument 75