Senior Manager Maintenance – QE Fleet is responsible to ensure on time, safe and effective Maintenance are provided to Qatar Executive Fleet and Customer’s Aircrafts within Qatar Airways approved capabilities under the directions of QETD.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
• Develops QE Technical Operations into an effective organization to maintain QE, and Third party aircrafts in accordance with the published QCAA/EASA/ICAO requirements.
• Determines the personnel, infrastructure, tooling, materials and procedures required to establish and maintain an effective Technical Operation, and formulate, obtain approval and implement those steps required to achieve this goal.
• Supports Qatar Executive in securing maintenance services at QE Stations(s) and locations worldwide, using QE resources and third party maintenance providers.
• Implements processes to control and, wherever practical, optimize aircraft maintenance costs.
• Implement processes to achieve QE Fleet availability and reliability pre-set targets.
• Develops and follow up operation plans to increase aircraft availability and reliability while seeking and implementing processes to optimize overall maintenance costs.
• Drafting and preparing QE budget for the maintenance of all QE aircraft and the infrastructure, materials tooling and personnel required to support this requirement.
• Responsible to liaise with QETD for the development of the QE Fleet Maintenance, capabilities and strategy including requirements for new facilities.
• Supports the development of cost effective processes to expedite the dispatch, track and receipt of components, materials and tooling.
• Develops and implements the processes to ensure that regulatory, legal and internal Quality and procedural requirements are met and maintained.
• Ensures that documentation is kept up to date in accordance with regulatory, legal, manufacturer and internal Quality requirements.
• Implements procedures to track aircraft availability and reliability to determine root causes of these shortfalls and address these issues effectively.
• Interfaces directly or indirectly with QE or Customer Part M as required.
• Responsible for continuous compliance with quick response to all raised audit findings in due time.
• Supports the achievement of an effective/ cost efficient balance of purchased spared and OEM/ Vendor spares support.
• Supports the pre-set strategies to expand the Department’s scope of services for QE and Customer’s aircraft to reduce overhead burdens while increasing revenue/profit from third part MRO services.
• Manages an effective vendor warranty information and date to support the optimization of the overall maintenance costs for QE Aircrafts.
• Monitors the effectiveness and development of QE Technical Staff Training related to safety.
• Ensures that health, safety and environmental procedures/ polices and regulations are implemented and met.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Aeronautical/ Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or ICAO license, preferably with either B1 or B2 and C approvals with minimum 10 years of job-related experience.
• Ideally endorsed on one or more aircraft types operated by Qatar Executive.
• Conversant with QCAA, EASA regulations.
• Previous experience leading, managing and developing a sizeable maintenance organization, with responsibility for overall planning and financial accountability.
• A clear understanding of operation excellence, quality, health and safety and technical issues, as well “client” behavior and understanding and experience how to influence this.
• At least 5 years spent in Managerial role of a maintenance department or organization.
• Ability to develop, formulate and communicate effective operational and tactical plans.
• Strong communication skills.
• Skills and fair negotiator.
• Excellent presentation techniques.