To manage and perform obstacle control within the Emirate of Dubai, and ensure control processes are conducted in accordance with ICAO and UAE regulations. Ensure that obstacle database is valid and updated; ensure timeliness issuance of No Objection Certificates (NOC) for obstacle lights and construction, coordinate obstacles related matters with Dubai Municipality and other authorities. Effectively conduct primary obstacle assessment and evaluate proposals with respect to application of obstacle lights to carry out regular and ad-hoc on-site inspections.
1. Obstacle Control: Carry out primary Annex 14 evaluation in order to determine maximum allowable height of structure caused by the particular obstacle limitation surface. Conduct regular and ad-hoc inspections in order to ensure no critical structures exist in sensitive areas.
2. Obstacle Lighting: Conduct primary assessment of proposals in regards to application of obstacle lights; to carry out regular on-site inspection in order to ensure obstacle lights on designated buildings are serviceable; to trigger investigation on unserviceable obstacle light; to initiate removal of redundant obstruction lights.
3. NOC Evaluation: Ensure that NOC applications/submissions contain all the required document, and to liaise with the applicant in regards to the application status and requirements.
4. Database & Reporting: Cooperate with the air wing of Dubai Police to provide data for the obstacles to ensure the safety of flight (VFR) visual flight system. Provide electronic surveys of obstacles and terrain database (e-Tod) to the concerned authorities to fly. Provide administrative support to the Section by maintaining assigned databases, preparing regular monthly and other reports, drafting business correspondence, among other duties.
5. Customer Query: Handle customer queries on any obstacle design and control related issues effectively by providing the requested information and policy guidelines as appropriate.
6. Other Duties: Perform other obstacle control job related duties as may be assigned from time to time.