To provide technical services for the Emirates Flight Training Academy maintenance department to support maintenance activity, and the development of maintenance capability. To provide technical support the EFTA aircraft fleet to ensure they continue to meet continuing airworthiness requirements, and to provide a high standard of performance and technical dispatch reliability.
- Support the maintenance department with the development of aircraft and workshop capability. This includes the addition of new CAR 145 approval capability such as a new aircraft type, new workshop rating, or the addition of a new part number or capability within a workshop rating. This also includes the review of new work tasks not previously carried out within the scope of existing approvals such as scheduled maintenance packages not previously carried out to ensure department is properly prepared and equipped to carry out the required work.
- Carry out technical follow-up with manufacturers on behalf of maintenance department staff for technical issues experienced on including aircraft, engine, propeller, and component manufacturers. Track and catalogue responses received for future reference.
- Support the Continuing Airworthiness Manager with the development of EFTA approved maintenance programmes, including the assessment and compliance with manufacturer?s maintenance data, service bulletins, service letters and in light of operational experience, as required by CAR M.302.
- Develop and implement a reliability monitoring programme to enable the analysis of the effectiveness of the Approved Maintenance Programme(s), and produce evidence based recommendations for improvements in reliability, maintenance scheduling, and practices.
- Review all mandatory and other continuing airworthiness data such as Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins and other service information within an appropriate timeframe to ensure the airworthy condition of the aircraft/engines/components at all times. Ensure aircraft technical updates are also assessed for inclusion in the flight simulator fleet.
- Author and obtain the proper approval for modifications prior to installation on the EFTA fleet. Ensure modifications are carried out to an approved standard using appropriately approved data, and that all modifications are properly recorded in the current modification status report for each aircraft.
- Produce Engineering Orders for work to be carried out on aircraft as a result the assessment of airworthiness directives, service bulletins, or other service publications, and for the accomplishment of other modifications or work identified as being necessary.
- Track the configuration control of aircraft in the Emirates Flight Training Academy fleet, including the status of installed parts and equipment, current on-board software status, and that the mass and balance statement reflects the current status of the aircraft and that records of changes in the mass and balance of each aircraft are maintained.
- Manage required technical data and publications to ensure they are up to date. Manage the subscription, distribution and updating the revision of all maintenance department documentation, airworthiness data from the Authorities (GCAA, EASA, FAA, etc.) and the aircraft/engine/ component manufacturers.
- Provide support to the organisation Safety Management System and the Head of Maintenance by carrying out technical investigation of safety events and reports raised within the organisation, including providing feedback from ROSI reports to the GCAA.
- Carry out day to day liaison with the Operations Department Technical Pilot(s) on fleet technical issues and updates.
- Provide content in support of the maintenance department staff training programme, including training sessions, training circulars and training materials for display around the maintenance facilities.
Qualifications & Experience
Post Graduate Diploma (12+4 or equivalent)
Engineering.Mechanical : 5+ Years
Post Graduate Diploma or maintenance engineers licence.
Experience In Engineering: Mechanical/Avionics
Experience of liaising with aircraft manufacturers.
Experience of carrying out technical investigations and writing technical reports.
Degree/diploma in Engineering (preferably Aeronautical Engineering), and/or holder of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Licence for 5 years + 2 years experience in Engineering Technical Services environment. Knowledge of aircraft structures/systems/components and power plants, plus good experience with using and interpreting aircraft maintenance documentation and other technical data.
Ability to analyse and synthesise technical information for implementation in cost effective ways.
Knowledge of latest technical developments and industry trends on respective Systems.
Sound knowledge of computer systems.
Excellent knowledge of computer software, specifically Microsoft Office products.
Good command of written and spoken English.
Leadership Role : NO Safety Sensitive Role: Yes
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.