If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward Transition Project Manufacturing Engineer based in Bangalore, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Transition Project Manufacturing Engineer will be primarily Support Transition Project Manager for Technical/Technological Transition from Sending site to BLR within the Project timelines.
- Focus on Transition products as per business strategy , Study of related Processes and Equipment’s. Responsible for equipment Procurement, installation, commissioning and its Validation.
- Focal point for establishing the Primary footprint of manufacturing processes, Qualification efforts needed , identification of Process and Product risks involved in the transition , analysis and Procurement of related tooling and Fixturing involved.
- Accountable for Smooth technical transition through Eaton's STP Prolaunch framework and work closely with key technical stake holders for all technical issues. Responsible for establishing the system documentation like intial Item Master /BOM and Routing set ups , Tools darwings ,Preparing and maintainging a Technical risk and Lessons Learnt documents , Develop a PFMEA document etc .
- Prepare , Develop and impart the Technical Trainings to the Receiving site team .
- Transition Project Manufacturing Engineer will be Single Point of Contact for the Technical Transition Programs and focal point from BLR for Smooth STP Transitions. Responsible for creating , executing and tracking the technical transition milestones of STP Project.
- Serves as a Transition Lead in Technology transition realization utiliziing STP Prolaunch Framework, Gate Reviews, Design Reviews and Technical Reviews.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately deal with multiple technical tasks ensuring timely completion as per business requirements and Pro Launch Framework.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross functional and colocated teams in multiple regions with excellent communication skills.
- Experience with GD&T and Drawing reading / model interrogation.
- Demonstrated ability to work on technology transition within Framework of Program Management ( STP Agile Pro Launch Tools )
- Create Part Manufacturing feasibility analysis ( PQPR ) , Identify Process /Product /Manufacturing /Equipment /Tooling Risks and resolve them Proactively.
- Provide support to production floor MEs with drawing ,technical specifications interpretations, tooling clarifications to ensure business delievers its committments.
- Good understanding of Assembly sequencing , GD&T, Aerospace Manufacturing documentation like FAIR, LAIR , and AS 9100 System Requirements.
- Good Verbal and Written communication Skills. Shall present the numerical data effectively .
- Expert in Manufacturing Process Planning, Creation of BOMs,Creation of Technical/Manufacturing instructions, Tooling Design and Modelling.
- Experience in Aerospace Processes and materials and must be from Manufacturing Background.
- Demonstrated experience on tooling design and development , Modelling and manufacturing.
- Basic Knowledge of Industry 4.0 is preferable with good familiarity with 3D Printing and 3D scanning technologies.
- Bachelor of Engineering ( Mechanical/ Aerospace )
- Minimum 9 Years
- Technical Program Management, Awareness on Aerospace Assembly, Manufacturing Processes , GD&T, Hands on experience in Tooling - Fixturing design, modelling and modifications, Familiarity with Industry 4.0. Familiarity with aerospace standards and requirements like AS9100 and NADCAP . Knowledge of GTM and ITAR ,Awareness of technologies like 3D Printing and 3D Scanning
- MS Office, Project , CATIA, ERP
- Citizen of India
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time